Health, Fitness, & Wellness
Hatha Yoga is the perfect antidote to our busy lives. Yoga reduces stress and improves the health of mind and body. Perfect for those newer to exercise or as a complement to vigorous workouts. Mats and props provided. Wear comfortable, fitted clothing that allows free movement. WE generally practice barefoot. All experience levels welcome. Ages 14+ or by instructor approval.
Hatha Yoga Level 1
Hatha Yoga Level 1
- Fee: $36 or $11/drop-in
- Instructor: Julie Christy, Certified Yoga Instructor
- Location: MRD Fieldhouse - Summit Room (25 Colorado Ave)
- Session I: April 10, 17, 24
- Session II: May 1, 8, 15, 22
- Session III: June 5, 12, 19, 26
- Time: 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Tae Kwon Do/Hopkido
Tae Kwon Do is a Korean martial art that can be taught as an Olympic sport, for self-defense or for health and fitness. It helps develop self-confidence, balance, self-control and leadership. Hapkido is Korean martial art used for conditioning and self-defense. Student ages: 7 to adult. Veterans may take the class for free. Instructor Ed Ulibarri is a Master instructor with 30+ years of teaching experience.
- Session I: April 9 - 26
- Session II: May 1 - 31
- Session III: June 5 - 28
- Session IV: July 3 - 31
- Day: Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Fee: $35/session
- Time: 4:45 - 6:00 pm
- Location: Warrior Resource Center, 4 Hillcrest Plaza
- Instructor: Master Ed Ulibarri
Tai Chi: Moving for Better Balance
This program uses the principles and movements of Tai Chi to help older adults improve their balance and confidence in doing everyday activities. There are eight single forms in the program, tailored for adults who wish to improve balance and mobility, and consequently reduce the risk of falling. Must have minimum of 5 people signed up to hold the class.
- Fee: $56/session
- Dates: April 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26, May 1, 3
- Time: 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Location: MRD Fieldhouse Summit Room (25 Colorado Ave.)