Join In The Fun
We offer a variety of leagues for youth year round. Click on the sport you are interested in below to see more information about leagues offered at this time. The registration deadline for most leagues will be during the month prior to league starting and deadlines will be updated as each of the different sports seasons arrives.
Learn A Sport or Improve Your Skills
We offer a variety of sports camps and clinics that will teach fundamental skill or improve important skills for a particular sport. Click on "Youth Sports Camps/Clinics" below to register online and to see a full listing of camps offered at this time.
Youth Sports Camps/Clinics
Youth SoccerSoccer is a fun way for kids to get off the couch, meet new friends and stay in shape! Our great volunteer coaches make this program a blast for both the kids and parents. Please sign up early to avoid the late fee and get your choice of practice days.
Fall Youth Soccer
- Registration Deadline: Monday, August 21
- Coaches Meeting: Wednesday, August 30th at 7:00 p.m.
- Fee: $38 ($45 after deadline)
- Practices Begins: Week of September 5th
- Games: September 16 - October 21 Thursday Evenings & Saturdays
- Practice Times: 5:30 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.
- Game Schedules
- 5 yrs old to Kindergarten Coed
- 1st & 2nd Grade Boys
- 1st & 2nd Grade Girls
- 3rd & 4th Grade Boys
- 3rd & 4th Grade Girls
- 5th & 6th Grade Boys
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls
- 7th & 8th Grade Coed
Indoor SoccerJoin the inaugural indoor youth soccer league in Montrose! The league will be geared towards intermediate and advanced athletes. Players are guaranteed to play half the game. Space is limited to the first 44 kids in each divisions so register early!
- Fee: $40 ($45 after deadline)
- Registration Deadline: Monday, Oct. 16th
- Coaches Meeting: Wednesday, October 25 @ 7:00 p.m.
- Practice Begins: Week of Nov. 6
- Games: Sept. 16 - Oct. 21 Thursday evenings & Saturdays
- 5th & 6th Boys
- 5th & 6th Girls
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls
Spring Youth SoccerSeason Runs Late March until the end of May.
Youth BasketballOur youth basketball program is great for both first timers and kids who have played before. Our league focuses on fundamental development, sportsmanship and fun! All players get to play equal amount of time each game regardless of skill level. Boys and girls compete separately.
3rd & 4th Grade Boys & Girls
- Fee: $36
- Registration Deadline: October 23rd
- Coaches Meeting: Thursday, October 26 @ 7:00 P.M.
- Practices Begin: October 30th
- Games: Friday & Saturday November 10 - December 16
5th & 6th Grade Boys & Girls and 7th & 8th Grade Boys & GirlsLeague begins in January check back for more information.
High School Intramural BasketballLeague begins in January check back for more information.
Youth LacrosseLacrosse is fun, fast-paced and a great way for fall and winter athletes to stay active, in shape and sharpen hand-eye coordination. During the Spring season we will schedule games against teams from across the Western Slope and travel to a couple of tournaments. MRD has equipment to lend players on a first registered first served basis. New this year teams will be based on age as of August 31st, not grade as we have done previously.
Schedules will be posted prior to the start of the season.
Please contact MRD with any questions 249-7705. Register at the Montrose Community Recreation Center or online.
Youth VolleyballThe numbers for this program have been increasing each year thanks to great volunteer coaches! Teams will again practice twice a week and play a total of 6 matches on Friday evenings throughout the season. This is a great way for kids to learn the fundamentals of this exciting game while exercising with friends and teammates. All games are played at the Montrose Community Recreation Center.
5th & 6th Grade and 7th & 8th Grade Girls
- Season runs from the beginning of March through the first of April. Check back here or in the Winter Activity Guide for more information.
- Clinics are available for 3rd & 4th grade girls interested in volleyball. Visit the Camps/Clinics page for more information.
Montrose Youth Baseball and Softball ProgramTake part in America's favorite pastime! The MRD summer ball programs do not conflict with the spring soccer program. Kids will learn teamwork, eye-hand coordination and sportsmanship. Games are played Monday through Thursday evenings. Fee includes the cost of uniform shirts that all participants get to keep at season's end. The MRD summer Baseball & Softball Programs are perfect for both first timers and kids who have played before. Leagues will be formed by the following age groups with boys and girls competing separately. Program scholarships are available to children who qualify.
- Coach Pitch (5 & 6 Years Old)
- Machine Pitch (7 & 8 Years Old)
- A Baseball & A Softball (9-11 Years Old)
- AA Baseball & AA Softball (12-14 Years Old)
- Game Schedules are now available, Click Here to view or visit the Montrose Rec Baseball/Softball page on Gameonmobile.