Learn A Sport or Improve Your Skills
We offer a variety of sports camps and clinics that will teach fundamental skill or improve important skills for a particular sport. Click below to register online and to see a full listing of camps offered at this time.
- Intro Clinics
- Challenger Soccer
- Sporties for Shorties
- Volleyball Skills Clinic
- MHS Clinics
- 1st & 2nd Grade Basketball
MRD Intro Clinics
This is a great way to introduce your 3 or 4 year old to all of the sports we offer at the Recreation District! We will have three 1-hour long clinics to introduce basic skills in a fun, laid-back environment for each sport. We offer introduction clinics for T-Ball, Soccer, Flag Football and Basketball. Specific information for each sport is listed below and updated with each season.
Intro to T-Ball
- Fee: $25
- Day: Thursdays
- Dates: June 22, June 29, July 6
- Time: 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Location: McNeil Fields
Intro to Soccer
- Offered in the Spring and the Fall. Fall Intro will occur in September and information will be available in the Fall Activity Guide.
Intro to Flag Football
- Offered in September. More information will come in the Fall Activity Guide.
- Offered in February. More information will be available in the Winter Activity Guide.
Challenger British Soccer CampEach camp will feature the 1000 Touches Curriculum, packed with drills and practices designed to improve individual control, footskills, fakes, moves and core techniques. These camps are packed with fun and led by an excellent team of British soccer coaches. Please register online at challengersports.com.
- Registration Deadline: June 13th to receive a free jersey
- Location: Cerise Park
- Dates: July 17 - 21
- Time: Morning and Afternoon Sessions
- Fee: Varies by Session
Sporties for ShortiesThis unique program gives children the opportunity to try out new sports. Each time we meet we will introduce the kids to a different sport. In the past we have done soccer, t-ball, hockey, golf and basketball. This program will fill up so sing up ASAP.
- Fee: $30
- Day: Tuesday
- Dates: July 18 - August 8
- Time: 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Ages: 5 - 6 Years Old
Girls Volleyball Clinic Girls will participate in four fun-filled clinics. These clinics will serve as an introduction to the sport of volleyball. The first two clinics will focus on skill development, the last two will be a combination of skill development and matches. Limited to the first 40 girls, so sign up today!
3rd & 4th Grade Clinic
- Offered in March check back for more information in the winter or when our Winter Activity Guide comes out.
Montrose High School ClinicsThe Montrose Recreation District partners with various Montrose High School sports teams to put on clinics as a fundraiser for their sport. Check this page for the most up to date information on when the clinics are offered and at what cost.
- No scheduled clinics at this time.
1st & 2nd Grade Basketball ClinicA great way to introduce your child to the sport. 8 Foot hoops and smaller basketballs are used to teach the fundamentals and guarantee success and confidence. The first three clinics will focus on skill development. The last clinic is "game day." Register ASAP as space is limited
- Offered in January at the Montrose Community Recreation Center. Check back here or in the Winter Activity Guide for more information.