Learn A Sport or Improve Your Skills
We offer a variety of sports camps and clinics that will teach fundamental skill or improve important skills for a particular sport. Click below to register online and to see a full listing of camps offered at this time.
- Intro Clinics
- 1st & 2nd Grade Basketball
- Challenger Soccer
- Sporties for Shorties
- Volleyball Skills Clinic
- MHS Clinics
MRD Intro Clinics
This is a great way to introduce your 3 or 4 year old to all of the sports we offer at the Recreation District! We will have three 1-hour long clinics to introduce basic skills in a fun, laid-back environment for each sport. We offer introduction clinics for T-Ball, Soccer, Flag Football and Basketball. Specific information for each sport is listed below and updated with each season.
Intro to Soccer
- Fee: $25
- Session 1: Tuesdays - Sept. 26 - Oct. 10
- Session 2: Wednesdays - Sept. 27 - Oct. 11
- Session 3: Thursdays - Sept. 28 - Oct. 12
- Time: 4:15 - 5:15 p.m.
- Location: McNeil Fields
Intro to Flag Football
- Fee: $25
- Day: Tuesdays
- Dates: Oct. 3 - 24
- Location: Holly Park
- Time: 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Offered in February. More information will be available in the Winter Activity Guide.
Intro to T-Ball
- Offered in the Summer more information in the Summer Activity Guide
1st & 2nd Grade Basketball ClinicA great way to introduce your child to the sport. 8 Foot hoops and smaller basketballs are used to teach the fundamentals and guarantee success and confidence. The first three clinics will focus on skill development. The last clinic is "game day." Register ASAP as space is limited
- Fee: $32
- Dates: Saturdays Nov. 11 - Dec. 16 (No Clinic on Nov. 25)
- Location: Community Recreation Center Gym
- Time: 8:30 - 9:45 a.m.
Challenger British Soccer CampEach camp will feature the 1000 Touches Curriculum, packed with drills and practices designed to improve individual control, footskills, fakes, moves and core techniques. These camps are packed with fun and led by an excellent team of British soccer coaches. Please register online at challengersports.com.
- Registration Deadline: June 13th to receive a free jersey
- Location: Cerise Park
- Dates: July 17 - 21
- Time: Morning and Afternoon Sessions
- Fee: Varies by Session
Sporties for ShortiesThis unique program gives children the opportunity to try out new sports. Each time we meet we will introduce the kids to a different sport. In the past we have done soccer, t-ball, hockey, golf and basketball. This program will fill up so sing up ASAP.
- Offered in July check for more information in the summer activity guide.
Girls Volleyball Clinic Girls will participate in four fun-filled clinics. These clinics will serve as an introduction to the sport of volleyball. The first two clinics will focus on skill development, the last two will be a combination of skill development and matches. Limited to the first 40 girls, so sign up today!
3rd & 4th Grade Clinic
- Offered in March check back for more information in the winter or when our Winter Activity Guide comes out.
Montrose High School ClinicsThe Montrose Recreation District partners with various Montrose High School sports teams to put on clinics as a fundraiser for their sport. Check this page for the most up to date information on when the clinics are offered and at what cost.
- No scheduled clinics at this time.