Health, Fitness, & Wellness
Hatha Yoga Level 1 (1202009)
- Instructor: Donald Herbert (Session I and III) Julie Christy (Session II)
- Location: MRD Fieldhouse - Summit Room (25 Colorado Ave)
- Session I: Dec. 3, 10, 17 FEE: $27
- Session II: Jan. 7, 14, 21, 28, Feb 4, 11 FEE: $54
- Session III: Feb 18, 25 March 3, 10, 17, 24,31 FEE: $63
- Time: Tuesdays 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Tai Chi Chuan for Seniors (4202061)
Tai Chi Chuan for Seniors is the perfect way to explore and experience the numerous benefits of Tai Chi no matter what
shape you are in. This ancient, physical and meditative practice of the Yang style 24 posture form is designed to build
strength, improve health and flexibility, reduce stress, increase energy flow throughout your whole body, promote health
and relax your mind. These 8 easy-to-follow lessons teach Tai Chi postures with clear, step-by- step instructions. The
routines are low impact with modifications taught for less flexible students. Gloria Verastegui will lead you through
customized lessons ranging from 30 minutes to an hour with accompanied breathing exercises. This safe and effective
program is particularly designed for people age 55 and above.
- Fee: $118 per session or $13 Drop in fee per class
- Days: Monday and Wednesday
- Times: 10:30 -11:30 am
- Session I: August 12- September 23
- Session II: September 30 - November 6
- Session III: November 11- December 18
- Time: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Location: MRD Fieldhouse Summit Room (25 Colorado Ave.)
Korean Karate Tae Kwon Do/Hopkido (2202023)
Korean Karate Tae Kwon Do is a martial art that can be taught as an Olympic sport, for self-defense or for health and fitness. It helps develop self-confidence, balance, self-control and leadership. Hapkido is Korean martial art used for conditioning and self-defense. Student ages: 7 to adult. Veterans may take the class for free. Instructor Ed Ulibarri is a Master instructor with 30+ years of teaching experience.
- Session I: Dec. 3 - 20
- Session II: Jan. 7 - 30
- Session III: Feb. 4 - 27
- Session IV: March 3 - 26
- Day: Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Fee: $35/session
- Time: 5:00 - 6:00 pm
- Location: Warrior Resource Center, 4 Hillcrest Plaza
- Instructor: Master Ed Ulibarri
3-Keys to Permanent Weight Control Program (4202059)
Are you addicted to sugar and carry excess body fat? Join us for a transformative 4-week weight loss program that will change your
metabolism from a sluggish and hungry “sugar-burner” into a healthy and lean “fat-burner.” This small-group intensive class will teach you
what to eat, what not to eat, and most importantly when to eat, so that you can burn your excess body fat and turn it into calm, focused,
and sustained energy. Let our Registered Dietitian, Hannah Freese, guide you into a new way of eating and join the dozens of successful,
local, and thrilled clients that have stopped dieting and become the hero of their own health. Class space is limited due to the
personalized nature and attention each participant is given.
**Sign up before August 28th and receive a bonus challenge from Hannah to jump start your fat-burning potential.**
- Fee: $265 - 4 Classes
- Session 1: September 11, 18, 25 and October 2 12:00 - 1:00 PM
- Session 2: September 11, 18, 25 and October 2 7:00 - 8:00 PM
- Location: MRD Rec Center Party Rooms
- Instructor: Hannah Freese R.D.
Women's Self Defense (1202060)In this class, women will have the opportunity to learn ways to defend themselves in different situations. Class will cover techniques ranging from wrist grabs to ground defense. The goal of this class is to help women feel more prepared for the unimaginable and to become stronger mentally and physically.
- Session 1:Monday, Jan. 6, 13, 20, 27 and Feb 3
- Session 2: Mondays, March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- Time: 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Fee: $30 for all 5 classes, No drop ins
- Location: Montrose CRC Fit Zone
- Dates: TBD
- Ages 14+
- Minimum - 5 participants Maximum - 15 participants
- Instructor: Kailey Rivenburgh